Tools to take home
At Empower Ability we don’t just want to give your employees an intensive course or a retreat away from it all, however restorative that may be for a short period of time. We want to empower their innate abilities to make the right choices for themselves in the future. Empower Ability wants to send them home with the confidence that they can help themselves from now on. Ideally we want to make ourselves and other coaches and therapists redundant. Then we know we have done a good job.
Our aim is to ensure that everything that is learned and experienced during a week packed with training and therapy can be maintained long after the employees return to the pressures of everyday life. If we do our job correctly, the retreat participants go home with a toolbox from which they can draw techniques and practices that can help them establish and maintain healthy habits and behaviours and work-life balance as well as maintain emotional equilibrium when faced with the inevitable stressors of a busy life.
For our retreats to be long-term successful we include the following tools to take home:
- A workbook filled with practical exercises to encourage self-reflection and to serve as a challenge to negative inner voices. There will be simple step by step instructions on how to turn the volume down on the inner critic, self-doubt and the need to please.
- A folder filled with the movement therapy exercises that can, in a short space of time, help participants to relax and recharge their batteries with specific movements designed to relieve stress and stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system.
- During the 7-day programme, we encourage participants to record the hypnotherapy sessions so they can continue to listen to these recordings at home. Research has shown that repetition vastly increases the positive impact of post-hypnotic suggestions promoting change.
- The Power Point presentations from the training sessions can also be taken home, to help participants remember all that was learned during the training sessions and to maintain the new mindset.
- Non-violent communication techniques will also be included in the material taken home, which can improve communication skills at work and in private life. Since poor communication leads to a lot of unnecessary stress and conflicts, this tool can be invaluable in promoting calmer and more stable relationships with others.
- Daily schedules can be very helpful for people recovering from burnout. We will include these schedules in the take-home package to help your employees build in those moments of rest and recuperation into their lives instead of working till they drop and then relapsing.
- We will teach the participants specific breathing exercises that they can use to regulate their stress levels and calm their nervous system. These exercises can be used daily in any situation that might trigger stress reactions and can work preventively and curatively.